Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Fast And Furious


Where was this gadget when I was a kid trying to beat the speed of light with my bike? To get my kicks, I used to take my bike and peddle down a very steep road and watching my speedometer go past the 60km/h mark (aside from watching my short life flash before me) would fill my heart with untold joy. This was until I fell and broke my arm doing 10km/h riding home after picking up some candy from a nearby shop when I was 12.

The guys down at Pacific Wind have got the right idea. Strap on The ThrustPac, get onto your bike and let em' rip. The ThrustPac, which runs on gasoline (petrol, that is), goes up to speeds of almost 60km/h when strapped to a man of about 90 kilograms. Fuel consumption? About 63 kilometers to a litre. Very impressive.

Click on the link above to check out pictures and even a video!

Wonder how fast I could go if I topped it up with jet fuel. Hmmm....

No comments: